Heather has been with the department for over 17 years in key operational
areas including Lean leadership; Medicaid managed care, public health
programming, and rehabilitation services. Heather has always asked
questions to better understand a process. She embraces creativity,
teambuilding, and the organizational framework that Lean work provides.
Lean has been the avenue for Heather to pursue efficiencies and streamlining
operations by guiding a team through the Lean process, which allows for both
learning and practicing at the same time. Heather believes Lean
facilitators are the integration engineers for our programs in state government.
Lean facilitators are pivotal in helping to connect people and process. She
supports Lean on several levels by mentoring Lean champions, coaching teams,
bringing a "can do" attitude, and providing organization during a project.
- NH Bureau of Education and Training, Lean Black Belt
- New England College, MS, Management, concentration in Healthcare Administration
- NH Bureau of Education and Training, Certified Public Supervisor and Certified Public Manager
- Utica College of Syracuse University, BS, Therapeutic Recreation
- Team facilitation
- Program management and leadership
- Project management
- Professional presenter
- Grant and budget management
- Mentoring and coaching
- Process Improvement Specialist, NH Department of Health and Human Services
- Administrator, NH Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Medicaid
- Public Health Program Manager, NH Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health
- HIV Surveillance Coordinator, NH Department of Health and Human Services
- Recreation Therapist, NH Department of Health and Human Services, NH Hospital
- Shingo Model focus- Dimension 3: Enterprise Alignment
- Available for mentoring
- Design, provide, and support opportunities for Lean training and development of skills
- Lean project work; child support case initiation flow, Choices for Independence business process steps, hospital billing and reimbursement, Medicaid service provider credentialing process, Board of Pharmacy inspection process, technology gaps and efficiency evaluation, general business flow process and standardization of work, quality service review at mental health centers and data validation, University System of NH standardized process for financial system entry, NH Department of Information Technology facilitated close out meeting for nFORM pilot project, health facility process flows, various public health projects, and more.
- Serves as the co-Chair of the Lean Executive Committee and engages in regional Lean activities.